Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's New?

Sorry I've been away for awhile, but during that time, I did watch TV.

The Worst Cooks in America finished it's run. It was quite a fun concept. 2 fine and relatively famous chefs take the worst cooks they can find and do the Eliza Doolittle on them so they cook a meal good enough to fool a panel of tasting judges. Now I'm not saying I'm a great cook but the stuff these people made for their first dish was horrible. Mind you, I was only seeing it. Who uses cottage cheese in Mac & Cheese? Anne Burrell and Beau Quinlan did a good job of not throwing up when they had to taste the first offerings. Anyway, the winner was a sincere young female who cooked her heart out. I was rooting for her because at the last episode, she was up against Jenny Cross who seemed like she was just wanting to be on TV and may have been a ringer. Isn't it a pity I can't remember the girl's name who won? Yep, she was that memorable.

Project Runway has started it's new season. They're back in New York and must've filmed the season during Heidi's last pregnancy. So far, the designers seem promising except Ping. Just because she's minority, doesn't mean you have to give her a free pass. Her clothes were just ugly and I'm not sure if she understood she was actually supposed to clothe a person. I can't remember names yet except Jesus and Anthony. Jesus went home already and Anthony is hitting hot and cold.

Models of the Runway seems to be more exciting this year. Mostly because the designers aren't sticking with the same models week after week. I've always wondered why they didn't change the model to gain different inspiration. You know, design for a blonde one week and then a brunette the next and so on. Brandeis is the oldest model but is still interesting and confident enough not to look pathetic during the model choosing. She also has a great walk. Now with HDTV, I can see all the blemishes beneath the makeup and it's not pretty. EEEK!

Launch My Line finally finished it's season. For some odd reason, I was tired of this show before it ended. Kathy Rose won by altering some of her past looks and getting a few more brain cells. If I had to hear those D Squared twins say, "Merle..." one more time, I thought I was going to scream. It was really annoying and they seemed to say it every week. What do I think of Kathy's line? I wouldn't buy it but...Ok.

Shear Genius has started it's new season. The hairstylists are even more quirky this season. I miss Jaclyn Smith but at least Kim Vo's lips have recovered from all that restilyn. Yikes! Camila Alves is hosting. The only thing interesting about her is her accent. Otherwise, she's like a lot of models; looks like she's half asleep and doesn't really give a damn. The first elimination challenge was to design hair for a topless runway show and not have the models show their breasts. I thought the hair extensions would be all over the place. Most people did okay but a couple of guys seemed to think making a fake hair necklace that wasn't part of the hairstyle would be a good idea. It wasn't. One Aussie guy was ousted.

RuPaul's Drag Race is starting it's new season. It's so much fun to see the transformations. The men had to make an outfit out of curtains and Wow! They did great. They did better than most of the Project Runway people and they had to fit the garment onto themselves. Shangela had to do a lip synchy dance off with her friend and lost. I do have to say, this season, there are a couple of guys to rival RuPaul; good looking both as a man or woman. After the episode, they have a behind the scenes show with the women and boy are they catty. It's not pleasant and after about 10 minutes, I'm sick of it.

I wanna say, thank the gods Leno's leaving prime time. Poor Law & Order, they had a hard time finding their time niche and that 9pm/10pm slot is much better for them. I hope OBrien goes to Fox where he can be more funny and out there. Let's face it, of the telecasting family, CBS is the Mom, ABC is the oldest child, NBC is the stern Dad and Fox is the bratty baby of the family. I love the irreverence of Fox.

So this Friday, the Winter Olympics are on. I'm a very faithful watcher so I won't be able to see much else. Catch ya after that. I'll have to read other blogs and websites to keep up on the reality shows. Oh well.

No comments: