Friday, October 23, 2009

Reality. Reality! Reality?

I do love my reality tv shows. It's not a universal love. I prefer the elimination kind where someone gets booted each week. At the same time, I hate lots of personal fake chat and the obvious fame hogs. You know most of those people on VH1 are there just because they want their friends and family to see them on the tv. You really think those chicks on the dating reality shows would really notice that guy? It's all about the benjamins.

Top Chef is really good this year with people who can cook and who don't make you want to punch the screen. I'm putting my $ on Kevin, the MIT grad, to win this. A guy who's way smart and can cook? Now that's sexy.

Survivor is a terrible snoozefest this season. Why aren't they doing 2 challenges? Do we really watch this show to watch people complain about the starvation, elements and having to live with annoying other people? Not really. Why aren't the contestants any smarter after what, 10 season? Jeff needs a script if he keeps stating the obvious. "You guys have been living in the rain for 5 days." "That's 1 vote coocoo and 1 vote nutsy." If my eyeballs roll anymore, I'll get ocular strain.

I can't even begin to watch the crying fatties on Biggest Loser. They need to change up the trainers because somehow, they think they're the stars. This year the contestants are really good looking in the faces so when they lose their weight, they'll be total hotties. Good thing too. I was getting sick of all the butterfaces. You know; the body's good but-her face isn't cute.

For some odd reason, the Amazing Race is losing it's amazingness. Maybe it's because they keep going to the same places every season. I'm putting my $ on the Globetrotters to win this year. Hello, they're trottin' the globe. Phil, the old pitstop placement suspenseful announcement is getting really old. What happened to the eating challenges? I loved when people had to eat a ton of food and then run to the pitstop. Now that's a race.

Project Runway is interesting this year. They have a bunch of young, hip, good looking people. Too bad it was filmed almost 2 years ago. Those fashions are now Aut. I feel the rush to get the series in the can too. What's up with giving only 1 day to make a dress? Really? How can you expect well made clothes that wow you. They barely have time to thread needles. I'm still rooting for Christopher on this one but he's fallen short ever since he teamed up with Epperson on one challenge.

Why is everybody dissing Models of the Runway. It's clever and the choosing of the models doesn't take away time from the original show. I really like seeing what the models eat. Not much ha ha ha.

Speaking of models, I do love this season of America's Next Top Model. It's the petite season. I still don't understand why they don't wear high heels at judging. No short person in fashion walks around in flats out of the house. I'm rooting for the Southern girl, Laura, whose grandmother makes her clothes. If you can pull that off, you are a model.

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins is really good. The poor blue team is getting decimated and need to stop the bleeding. Finally, someone gave a big slap across the face to Veronica. If only Kenny could fall off of a cliff. Even though he's underhanded and devious, I like Evan the Canuck.

I'm loving the pageant shows. We know those contestants are all snarky starting with the toddlers to the married women.

I hate the makeover shows. I find the designers's taste subjective. Really? Huge polka dots with animal prints are cool? When did you have time to smoke weed?

I hate the fakey dating shows. Wait, I can't pretend to want to kiss you until they point the camera my way. Ick. You know those people don't act like that in real life.

The stand out show this year is Reality Hell. It's totally hilarious because not only does it spoof the reality show but it pulls a great prank on the person just looking for 15 minutes of fame. OMG, I loved The Widow episode. Also, it's nice they give real actors some work on a reality show.

Okay, lastly, the dancing shows. Dancing With the Stars is good but OMG, they started out with too many people. They should've done double eliminations for about 4 weeks. I'm putting my $ on Donny Osmond this year. Did you see that Argentine Tango? I would also like to see a pro win, who isn't too young to drink. So You Think You Can Dance needed to take a longer hiatus. I'm kind of sick of it and I think America may have the same feeling. Yeah, you're young, graceful and bendy. I also can't take Mary Murphy's primal scream again for a loooooong time.

Okay, I know there's a lot more reality tv out there, but I do need to end this blog. I'll blog on more tv genres cuz I just can't get enough tv. See you next blog.

No comments: